Snapchat is can be a fun way to keep in touch with friends. But as I found out from personal experience, your partner can also use it for cheating.
No one deserves the betrayal of being cheated on.
After my experience I decided to put together this guide to help YOU figure out if your partner is cheating on you by using Snapchat.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this article:
- common signs that someone is cheating on Snapchat so you know what to look for
- ways to catch someone Snapchat cheating so you can get peace of mind
- an app you can use TODAY to catch a Snapchat cheater and monitor all their social media platforms
It doesn’t matter if it’s a boyfriend, girlfriend, significant other, or spouse, you don’t deserve to be cheated on.
By the time you finish reading this article, you’ll know EXACTLY how to monitor their Snapchat account.
Ready to know for sure if your partner is cheating?
The dangers of Snapchat are real. Don’t let yourself get hurt.
Signs Someone is Cheating on Snapchat
Before you do anything else, you should pay attention for signs of a cheating partner.
You want to protect yourself, but the last thing you want to do is damage the trust you and your partner have between each other.
Here are a few of the most common signs and behavior of someone who is cheating online:
- on Snapchat a lot, or more frequent cell phone use and protectiveness of their phone
- odd text messages (or social media messages) at all hours of the day or night
- your partner has become detached emotionally or acts disinterested
- your partner is taking a more serious interest in the appearance (working out, new clothes, etc)
- less or more (as a coverup) sex in your relationship
- periods when your partner is unreachable
- your partner has dramatically changed their schedule
Fair warning. Your could see ALL of these things and still not be dealing with a cheating spouse, but it might be worth investigating further.
How To Catch Someone Cheating On Snapchat
I’m going to discuss a couple ways to catch a cheater who’s using the Snapchat app. It’s up to you to decide what’s best for your relationship.
Catch a Cheating Partner Using Snapchat Itself
The Snapchat app allows you to see who your friends favorite friends are. If your spouse is cheating it’s very likely that their new “friend” is one of their best Snapchat friends in the app.
- If you have an account you can use Snapchat to quickly check this. Simply look to see who in their friend list has the gold heart emoji. It looks like this: 💛. Of course this is only helpful if they are best friends on Snapchat. If your spouse or partner is active on Snapchat all the time it could be that any number of people would be their best friend.
- You can also check for snap streak. This is a measure of how many days in a row they have been sending messages to someone else.
- Snap Map shares the location of Snapchat users and automatically updates whenever Snapchat is open. This can be helpful to see where they might’ve been. Snap map can be turned off by the user within the app.
Again, these are just tools to you can use to monitor suspicious behavior in secret. Someone cheating on Snapchat might also disable some of these functions. Snap map in particular can be turned off in the settings of Snapchat.
Snapchat has all sorts of friend emojis for different levels of interaction. You can find a reference to all the Snapchat emojis here.
Catch Someone Cheating on Snapchat Using a Spying App
If you’re not familiar with Snapchat spy apps here’s a quick introduction.
These apps are installed on the cheaters cell phone. Once installed they operate in stealth mode. That means the app cannot be seen by the user. They are the number one way to catch someone cheating as you get to see everything they see.
Catch a Cheater Who Uses an iPhone
First you need to determine what type of phone you need to monitor. The operating system of the phone will determine what you’ll be able to see.
Unfortunately for iPhones you’ll be somewhat limited in what you can view due to their encryption technology.
While you will NOT be able to see chats, you can monitor the pictures your spouse is sending and receiving from their cell phone.
The best solution for an iPhone is to use iKeyMonitor.
Getting Started with iKeyMonitor
The first thing you need to do is sign up for an account with iKeymonitor. You can do that with this here.
Once you’ve selected the type of monitoring you want (iPhone without jailbreak) you will receive instructions in your inbox.
They will ask you to then enter the iCloud credentials of the person you want to monitor.
Once you enter this information you can start using the app to track their Snapchat usage.
Again, you won’t be able to see messages, but you’ll at least be able to see the pictures they are sending and receiving.
Catch Someone Cheating Using an Android
If the person you need to monitor is using an Android you’re in luck.
You’ll be able to see everything the person does on Snapchat including texts, pics, and videos.
My favorite app for this is uMobix. They offer all of the following:
- spy on Snapchat
- spy on social media apps like Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, and more
- see text messages, media files on the phone
- see contact lists, phone call logs, and phone location history
Getting Started with uMobix
To get started you’ll need to sign up for an account with uMobix.
Once you’ve paid for your subscription you’ll get an email detailing exactly what to do next.
First you’ll need to get your hands on their cell phone. Since someone who is cheating is typically pretty protective of their phone, you’ll have to get creative.
One of the most popular methods is to get the phone while it’s charging or while the other person is in the shower.
Once you have the app installed you will be able to see almost everything that happens on their phone from an online control panel. The menu will allow you to choose which
You can even monitor multiple phones if you need to.
Information You’ll Be Able to See
Phone surveillance apps let you see just about everything that happens on the phone. When they get a message, you get to see it.
Whether they are Snapchat cheating or using some other app for communication you’ll be able to view everything in your control panel.
- call logs, contact lists
- location data and history
- texts, Snap chats, and any social media app
- web browser history and more
- and of course the spy app icon remains hidden
So even in the case your partner isn’t Snapchat cheating, you’ll be able to monitor their communications to ensure nothing is going on behind your back.
How to Stop Someone from Snapchat Cheating?
Once you are aware of the cheating you need to put a stop to it. Here are some important steps.
1. Prepare Yourself
Decide if you think the relationship is worth salvaging. Yes they’ve been cheating with someone else.
But if they stopped, would you want to take them back? Make YOURSELF the priority. Then make a decision and stick to it.
2. Confront Them
While it will be painful, once you know someone is Snapchat cheating the first step is to confront them.
Let them know that you know about their online activities
3. Talk it Out
Are they serious or have they lost in you?
Talk about the future as well. What do they want? What do they need?
Are you willing to give them what they want?
3. Repeated actions:
Understand that many many cheaters repeat their behaviors. This is just a normal function of human behavior. Some partners just don’t know how to stay in a monogamous relationship.
You hold the cards. Once you know the path forward tell them you will continue to use spy app technology to keep tabs on their behavior. If they’re not OK with this? WALK.