In this article we’ll be looking at the best keyloggers for iPhones and iOS devices.
A keylogger is a type of hacking software that records keystrokes made on someone’s mobile device keyboard. Keylogging software is used by hackers to access information on a cell phone or computer. They are also used by companies who want to monitor employees. It records account passwords, email messages, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter passwords, visited websites, and other activities.
Below you will find the best iPhone keyloggers. These keylogger apps work on all iOS devices and won’t require you to hire the services of a hacker to get started.
Contents of this Guide
10 Best Keyloggers for iPhone
Many of the keyloggers requires you to jailbreak the target device. Unfortunately the iOS operating system makes it difficult to capture keystrokes without this step.
- FlexiSPY – Best Keylogger for iPhones Overall
- iKeyMonitor – Best iPhone Keylogger – FREE Trial
- WebWatcher – iPhone Keylogger No Jailbreak Solution
- Pumpic iPhone Keyloggger
1. FlexiSPY – Best Keylogger for iPhones Overall
The FlexiSPY app offers a powerful iPhone keylogger feature. FlexiSPY offers three pricing plans: Lite, Premium, and Extreme. All three packages are compatible with iPhone and iPad devices.
The FlexiSPY iPhone Keylogger requires the Extreme package. This package also allows you to listen to live phone calls and record them. You can also view call history.
This app can view browser history, access conversations on social media platforms, and discover media files.
FlexiSPY also enables the user to control the camera of the target device. One of the features of this app is remote controlling of the camera.
FlexiSPY is designed for employee monitoring or parental control. It can also be used to monitor a spouse.
They offer phones that come preconfigured with a jailbreak solution and the app installed.
- keylogger tracks ALL typing
- listen to live phone calls
- call recordings
- order phone with keylogger pre-installed
- must jailbreak the target iPhone
- expensive solution
Read more: My FlexiSPY Extreme Review
2. iKeyMonitor – Best iPhone Keylogger – Free Trial
The iKeyMonitor cell phone monitoring app includes a keylogger for iPhone or iPads. They offer a free trial. But to get the full features you will need to pay for an account.
iKeyMonitor works on multiple operating systems. iOS devices require jailbreaking the device before installation of the app.
iKeyMonitor spying features for the iPhone and iPad include social media activity, GPS tracking, recording keystrokes, call history, web history, social media chats, and more.
Now these features might sound familiar:
- The app allows a parent to monitor text messages, calls, and the web browser of the target iPhone.
- With iKeyMonitor, data from social media apps are also tracked.
- The user has access to Facebook, WhatsApp, Snapchat, and WeChat accounts of the target phone.
But here’s the best part:
iKeyMonitor saves your children from harmful information by taking automatic screenshots. This is periodically sent to the parent’s email account.
Out of all its features, iKeyMonitor boasts of its iPhone keylogger. It records keystrokes of the iPhone to access information about the type of people your loved ones are talking to.
To top it all off, this app uses the tools of the iPhone, such as the microphone, to turn the phone into a bugging device.
- iKeyMonitor app gives you the option to send information to your email
- Secure online account where you can view gathered data
- Even non-techy users can use it
- Only works for jailbroken iPhone devices
How to get iKeyMonitor:
- Select a device you want to monitor.
- Input email credentials. You will use this email ID and password in accessing your account online.
- Input iCloud credentials of the iOS device.
- Choose a subscription plan.
Read More: My iKeyMonitor Review
3. WebWatcher – iPhone Keylogger No Jailbreak Solution
The WebWatcher phone monitoring app offers some very powerful features.
The WebWatcher app does not include a keylogger feature, but offers an even better monitoring solution. Features include monitoring incoming and outgoing text messages and social media messages. WebWatcher allows you to see deleted texts as well. It allows you to track phone calls, GPS locations, web browsing history, multimedia files, contact details, and more.
WebWatcher works on both the Apple iPhone or iPad (or any iOS device).
WebWatcher is the only app in this comparison that does NOT require you to jailbreak the device before installing. The WebWatcher installation process requires physical access to the phone. The app CANNOT be installed remotely.
Once installed, Webwatcher is undetectable. There is no way to tell if it has been installed on the target phone.
4. mSpy – Best for Parents
The mSpy iPhone spy software offers a keylogger feature.
The Spyic app contains a powerful iPhone keylogger. It also offers many additional features. These include monitoring social media accounts, text messages and phone calls, and GPS location, and much more.
This app offers powerful keylogger features. With Spyic…
- You can monitor SMS, iMessage, and the contact list of the target device.
- Monitor social media apps and access Facebook messages, Whatsapp, and so much more.
- Record timestamps of messages in social media and even save media files
- Record website history and the frequency of visits by the iPhone.
- Even trace SIM location!
Not to mention, this app can even TRACK calendar events, note-taking apps, and email apps.
But its most unique feature is geofencing.
Geo fencing creates safety barriers for the target device. This application alerts the users if the location of the target device leaves the designated area on the map.
- Simple installation process
- 100% protected from cyberattacks
- User-friendly interface
- One of the few spy apps that do not require jailbreak
- Runs in stealth mode 100% of the time
- Offer maximum value for money
How to get Spyic:
- Sign up. You can sign up for a free Spyic account. Use an existing email ID when registering.
- Put the iCloud credentials. When tracking an iOS device, you only need the iCloud email and password of the target device.
- Begin monitoring. Login to your Spyic account. Your spy app is up and ready to monitor.
Read More in my SPYIC review
Spyier is used by a million people all around the world. It is user-trustworthy and verified because this app is 100% DISCREET.
Employers consider Spyier the best iPhone keylogger.
- It can monitor logs in Microsoft Office applications to catch a better glimpse of your employee’s work progress.
- Spyier monitors note-taking activity on Notes, Google Keep, or Evernote.
- The GPS location tracking feature is specifically designed for employees – an employer can see when employees leave the work premises when they shouldn’t, or the time they enter and exit.
With Spyier, information can be accessed online. It is a web-based app, which means you do not need to install anything on the target device.
- Super easy to set up and use
- Spyier can retrieve deleted messages, which can be very useful for employers
- Spyier does not need the iPhone to be jailbroken
- You get what you read about for a reasonable monthly fee
How to get Spyier:
- Use your email ID for a free Spyier account.
- Choose a monthly subscription. Your plan depends on the number of iPhone devices that you want to monitor. A premium plan is needed to keylog a single iPhone. A family or a corporate plan is for those who want to use a keylogger on multiple iOS devices.
- Fill in the iOS credentials of the target device.
- View monitoring information in the control panel of Spyier.
MiniSpy’s best feature is its GPS location tracking or should I say… it RECORDS the location of the target iPhone in real-time.
MinSpy has a dedicated control panel. All the information from the iOS device is displayed in the control panel. From here, the user can live monitor everything the iPhone user is typing.
In tracking GPS location, MinSpy can access the time the target iOS device spent in a location.
What makes MinSpy different from other spy apps is that it has a built-in keylogger. Other apps require the user to install another.
- Does not need the iPhone to be jailbroken
- Lightweight platform
- Does not drain the battery of the device
Aside from being an iPhone keylogger, Spyzie offers a unique application. This app lets you record ALL incoming and outgoing calls of the target device.
The monitoring features of Spyzie are designed for a parent who needs to monitor a child and their phone activities.
It provides the user with the list of favorite contacts of the iPhone, including timestamps, frequency of calls, and call details of the target device.
- Web-based display of all data gathered
- Simple installation process
#8. Pumpic iPhone Keylogger
Some keyloggers only focus on monitoring Facebook and other well-known social media applications.
Pumpic iPhone Keylogger. Is. Different.
This application records information from social media apps such as Facebook, Instagram, Skype, and WhatsApp. It also monitors messages and media files sent on Kik.
What about call monitoring?
Pumpic has access to ALL THE CALLS made in the apps mentioned. The information is displayed in the Control Panel accessed via a web browser or a mobile app.
This iPhone keylogger app focuses heavily on parental monitoring. The app can even record passwords typed on a web browser!
- Can view apps that the target iPhone installed
- Can block and limit the use of certain apps
- Complicated installation process
- Needs physical access to iPhone to install the program
Only some apps can do live call listening and recording.
SpyEra exceeds that by recording the surroundings of the phone calls.
This keylogger has access to texts, emails, and chats. It can also monitor social media apps such as WhatsApp, Snapchat, Viber, Skype, and Facebook.
Another one of its many features is accessing media files and REVEALS a list of stored passwords.
Don’t forget its tracking abilities!
SpyEra can also become a bugging device by using the camera of the target device to view surrounding places.
- User-friendly dashboard for both mobile and computer use
- Trusted and verified by a lot of parents
- User can determine uploading intervals
- Subscription might be expensive for some
Read More: My Spyera Review
I think we can agree that all parents want their children to be safe all the time, right?
That’s what MaxxSpy does.
This keylogger ensures the safety of children and teenagers from inappropriate content online. Parents recommend this app to parents who are unable to take a lot of time out for their kids.
But keylogging isn’t the only benefit. MaxxSpy can view conversations of instant messaging apps installed on the target device.
MaxxSpy also monitors texts, emails, and browsing history.
Another one of its features is its ability to track app usage. MaxxSpy reports how much time a target is spending on a particular application.
- Simple and easy-to-use
- Performs all the functions of most keyloggers
- You need to have physical access to the device to install
- Only works on jailbroken iOS devices
XNSpy is an iOS tracking application.
This keylogger was launched back in 2013, but until now, this app has continued to be EFFECTIVE for parents and employers alike.
One of XNSpy’s unique features is its instant alerts.
What is an instant alert tool?
You can set up alerts whenever there are SIM changes, keywords types, contact numbers, and even changes in GPS location.
Most keyloggers normally track instant messaging applications. But that can be limiting sometimes, right?
That’s why XNSPy also monitors dating apps and tracks call logs and messages.
If you are looking for a decent functioning keylogger to spy on devices, XNSpy is oh-so-Mickey fine.
- Works on both jailbroken and non-jailbroken iOS devices
- Proven by experiments to be very stealthy
- Easy setup process
- Takes too long to update backups, which can mean slower loading of new information on the dashboard
What Is a Keylogger?
A keylogger or keystroke logger is a type of software that records all the keystrokes made on a target device’s keyboard.
Keyloggers record everything that a monitored device types on its keyboard. This includes:
- Login details
- Messages in social apps
- Even credit card numbers
Also, a keylogger is often used by parents, employers, and even device owners who want to track possible unauthorized access to their devices.
Keyloggers vs Spying Apps
Keylogging software is more limited than a cell phone spy app. Cell phone spy apps for iPhones allow you to track the device’s location, phone call logs, emails, text messages, and much more.
A keylogger will ONLY show you what has been typed on the target iPhone.
Why Should I Use a Keylogger?
There are multiple reasons why one should use a keylogger. For most, it is a tool/application to keep tabs on their loved ones.
For some, their intention is to create backups of important information.
While the common use for a keylogger is to monitor people, its features are highly beneficial to protect oneself from dangerous threats.
Information that is worth protecting to you might be worth stealing for someone else.
An iPhone keylogger allows you to monitor if there is any suspicious activity occurring on your own device.
What Should I Look For in a Good Keylogger?
The main requirement of a good keylogger is it must be virtually impossible to detect.
This feature can be found in Spyic and XNSPY, which is why they are recommended as one of the best iPhone monitoring apps.
If the user of the target device becomes aware that it is being monitored, a keylogger could be removed and you would stop receiving reports of valuable content to your account.
Take into account its verifiability too.
A keylogger that is not verified may be a virus that can harm your device. Purchase subscription plans only from reputable developers of monitoring apps.
Lastly, a good keylogger does not drain the battery.
Unusual overheating and faster reduction in battery power is a big giveaway to a keylogger. When the owner of the device starts to suspect, monitoring becomes difficult.
In short, a good keylogger is:
- Virtually impossible to detect
- Must be verified
- Does not drain your battery
iPhone Keylogger FAQ
Are Keyloggers Legal?
Yes, keyloggers are completely legal when you follow the laws of your country. Check out this article for more information on the legality of these apps.
There is no federal law and jurisdiction prohibiting the use of this technology.
However, a user of a keylogger must keep in mind this MUST NOT be used for illegal purposes.
As long as one is using its features for personal protection, ensuring the safety of children and teenagers, and monitoring productivity, using these applications are completely legal.
Can an iPhone Keylogger Be Detected?
Because it is necessary to install an app on the target iPhone it is possible to detect a keylogger. However most apps have you hide the app during installation so that it is not visible to the user.
If the user were to run a malware scan it would most likely notify them of the keystroke logger.
There are many good apps out there that have unique features from geofencing down to social media monitoring.
The clear winner here is Spyic, with Spyier and iKeyMonitor as runner-ups. Spyic came out the best because it offers a maximum VALUE at a very affordable price.